Sunday, January 25, 2015

New Year, New Place

Last week I moved for the third time in 7 years.
A lot of people asked me if I was excited about the move or stressed out. 
I wasn't much of the former and I only got stressed out the days leading to the move....

There isn't much to it really, 
1. Pick a date
2. Save the date with your friends/movers
3. Book the elevators at the current address and the next address
4. Reserve a truck
5. Get boxes
6. Start packing...(a little every day works great for me!)
7. Disassemble furniture that can be disassembled.
8. Protect corners of furniture that cannot be disassembled
9. Secure loose items

Come the big day, hope that everything goes as planned!
The best part of the day was that I get to drive a big 10 footer! Driving a car right after seemed quite ordinary.The funniest part of the day was when the security guy looked at us and asked who's going to reverse the truck into the loading area and all the guys looked at me! Yes, the only woman around is backing up the truck! Not too bad for an asian female driver!

Then when everybody has left and you have boxes everywhere, make sure you take a big breath and start unpacking, first with the basics and then with the "peripherals".
The faster you get to it, the better it is.

Of course, the first thing that was set up was my computer! 
Then to admire the view:



Granted, that's not the CN tower, but I get an unobstructed view of GO trains!

I liked my old place, but I think with time, I'll get to like this place too.
After all, home is where the heart is, right?

No comments: