Thursday, October 05, 2006

The first entry

Here we go, my first blog.
Ok, it's not good to start with a lie, I do have a blog on Mauritius Interactive (MI) but then it is for members only. Although it's free sign up, not a lot of people would go through the trouble, especially if they think it's for sino-mauritians exclusively (which it is NOT).

But this is exciting and the idea came from Javed.
I still do not know what I will blog about, I had trouble with the title!
But since people notice that I often refer to my years in Canada, I think I will not run out of topics to compare Canada and Mauritius.

This morning, for example, there was an accident on the motorway (we would say highway in CA) on the opposite direction and some drivers ahead of me were causing a traffic jam on this side of the road because they were slowing down to watch! Ok, maybe traffic does slow down a little bit in the opposite direction in CA, but imagine a huge traffic jam in both directions on 401 on a Thursday morning because of an accident in ONE lane? Just not thinkable. Come on people, just move on, you can read about the accident in the newspapers later on.

I just got started...

3 comments:

Ashvin Gunga said...

You got 'self-encouraged' after encouraging me yesterday to start mine.. ;-)

Just noticed one thing... how come ur zodiac sign is "RAT", Is it an error? coz when compared to your personality, i'm a bit confused!!! lol. Anywayz, nice start and keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Do not despair...we will be using the subway soon....well, maybe in 10 years' time(that's me being optimistic...which is not very often!).

Great start for the blog. Keep us posted!

Unknown said...

Etahey ki zistoire canada to p raconter ..to croire canadien pou interesser conner ki p passer lor motorway moris looooool.

But good writing and keep doing that cause am linking you on my blog ...so people can check yours too.

:)
cheers