Saturday, October 21, 2006

The power of....WIKIPEDIA!

So since Thursday, I've been on Wikipedia:


The principle is simple: you can edit and add to any article you find on wikipedia and it is published right away. Moderators probably crowd the place as soon as there's a change, but the thing is, if the moderator have no clue on the topic, chances that your changes are going to stay are high.

We did a little experiment on Thursday at work: we changed the article on Mauritius and put obviously wrong information on there...I don't think anybody would believe Aliens came to mauritius 2000 B.C. although no one can prove the contrary! The changes didn't last 24 hrs although my team lead added my name to the list of prominent Mauritians and it stayed there.

Yes, I am the newly, self-proclaimed Duchess of Mauritius.
Until I'm erased off wikipedia, please refer to me as SAS Carine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatever you say, duchess...but i heard a rumour that when u landed in Mauritius (the land of Aliens according to a trusted source) 2 months ago, you went back to being the tea lady again! :)

Ashvin Gunga said...

The driver was looking for the duchess on the first day in Birmingham here... Sent you his regards!