Saturday, February 04, 2012

With a side of hair, please!

At lunch the other day, my coworkers were talking about how their wives' hair was all over the place at home.

Now if there is carpet in your home, the hair gets stuck wherever it falls and if you walk around with double-sided tape on your socks, you could get a nice impromptu stuffed animal made of hair! Gross...I know. Plus, the vacuum cleaner gets all stuffed with it too.

On the other hand, if you have hardwood floors, or tiles or whatever that is not fluffy and catch hair, then the fallen hair kinda bundles together and you get these balls of hair in every other corner of your house.

I've always had long hair. I only consciously cut my hair shorter than shoulder length twice in my adult life, both times to donate. That being said, I've been well trained to pick up my hair. Early in my teenage years, my mom threatened to have my hair cut because the long strands of black hair on every surface, in the drains, and sometimes in food, were testing her patience daily. So I picked up the habit of...well, picking up my hair when it falls on the floor when drying it and not letting it get to the drain when washing it. I figured it's better to stick them to the wall until after my shower and then get rid of them, than fishing them from the drain after!

So, I did not feel at all concerned about the lunch topic. Future husband, if you are out there and scared of hair, don't worry, you will not be b*tching about MY hair with your buddies!

No comments: